The Women's Leadership Programme was launched in 2014 and designed for aspiring female leaders. We have supported over 100 aspirational women, with well over half of those having moved into bigger roles within their organisation.
Who is the Women's Leadership Programme for?
Pure and People & Performance Ltd offer a programme that is designed to enhance confidence, develop leadership skills and build a network whilst gaining exposure to high-profile, successful women. It also supports organisations in building succession plans that engage talent and overcome any barriers ensuring that your aspiring female talent achieves their potential.
Each programme is tailored to the experience level of the group. Each participant is encouraged to have a sponsor, normally a senior figure from the organisation, who will act as a mentor during the course, providing support for the participant. The sponsor will be invited to a dinner held at the end of the programme (subject to social distancing regulations at the time.)
The programme is aimed at ambitious and aspiring female leaders, keen to develop themselves to become well rounded authentic leaders. Your professional discipline is less important, but you will need to be open to learning, challenging and developing yourself.
- Ideally, you will already be managing others or an area of the business or aspiring to do so in the near future.
- You may be a new manager wanting to learn or an experienced manager seeking to develop and hone your leadership skills.
- You may also be a new director, or a director seeking to have more impact or a senior manager aspiring to a Board or senior leadership role.
We are careful in matching experience levels when we recruit to the programmes.
Why women only?
We recognise that the experience of female leaders is often different to their male colleagues, and as a region, the East of England has few women in senior management and board roles. This programme brings together like-minded professionals in a safe and non-judgemental environment, supporting them to better understand themselves and develop strategies to take the next step in their career.
This programme is different from standard women’s development programmes in that it seeks to support organisations through the role of the sponsor in parallel with developing women.
For aspiring female leaders, the programme:
- Helps you define your ambition and develop a plan to achieve your aspirations
- Supports you in developing the confidence to deliver on your plan
- Explores your leadership style and your authenticity
- Provides access to the WLP alumni and a professional support network of leading businesswomen in the region
- Examines how you might be holding yourself back
- Identifies the barriers in organisations and in ourselves and how to overcome these
- Provides access to experienced successful leaders through our guest speakers and their top tips for success
This programme provides support for organisations with the role of the sponsor, who will be involved in the progression of their nominated team member, throughout the programme.
For organisations, the programme
- Supports succession planning by developing talented women as leaders of the future
- Helps to define your gender equality strategy and sets targets for improvement
- Helps retain senior women, securing a diverse talent pipeline
- Supports your organisation to sponsor and mentor your talented women
- Explores approaches to developing an inclusive culture and organisational values
- Delivers improved organisational performance over the longer term
- Provides access to other sponsors and a network of senior women
To register your interest, contact Lucy Plumb.